If that all sounds great to you (and we hope it does), there are a few requirements to get started shopping:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a US or Canadian phone number that can receive texts
- Have a working email address
- Have a non-prepaid payment method available
- For shoppers in the US and Canada, this can be a bank account, a debit card, or a credit card
How does installments work
Installments by Afterpay/Sezzle allows retailers to offer instalment plans for online shoppers, allowing a purchase to be paid for in four installments, due every 2 weeks.
- Simply shop for your favorite items and choose Installments by Afterpay or Sezzle as your payment method at checkout. First-time shoppers provide payment details as usual, returning shoppers simply log in to make their purchase. It’s that easy!
- At any time, you can log in to your account to see your payment schedule and make a payment before the due date. Otherwise we will automatically take the money from your debit or credit card every 2 weeks.
When will my first payment be taken?
You will more than likely pay the first installment of the purchase price at the time you place the order.
Is there a cost for using Installments?
Installments by Afterpay/Sezzle is a free service offered by retailers to shoppers - there are no upfront fees charged or any interest incurred.
The only fees that may be incurred by shoppers are late fees if your scheduled payments are unsuccessfully processed. After being notified, you must login to your Afterpay account to make your payment via a different method. Late fees for shoppers in the USA are capped at 25% of the order value.
What should I do if my goods haven't arrived or have arrived damaged?
Any issues with the delivery of your order or condition of goods should be raised directly with the merchant.
What if I want to return part of my order?
Returns are always subject to the individual merchant’s policy, which can typically be found on their website or by contacting them directly. If you make a return and the merchant processes a refund, it will automatically be reflected in your Payment Schedule — further details are below.
What happens to my payments when I refund an order?
In general, refunds are applied starting with your final payment and working backwards to earlier payments.
If you have returned an order in its entirety and the full amount of the order is refunded, any upcoming payments will be cancelled and any payments you have already made will be refunded back to the card you paid with.
The same principles apply if you’ve returned a portion of an order and received a partial refund.
Why am I still being charged when I have returned the goods?
After making a return, it may take several days for the merchant to accept the return and process a refund — especially if you’ve returned items via mail. Until the refund is confirmed and processed by the merchant, your original Payment Schedule with Afterpay/Sezzle will continue.
Please note that you’ll only be able to make this request once per order. Additionally, if your refund still hasn’t been processed by your next payment date and amounts remain due, you may have 2 payments due on the same day.